Thursday, January 20, 2011

Want to buy some boonedoggle?



When you live only 45 minutes away from the place where Napoleon Dynamite was filmed, you have to make a road trip. So we did! Last Saturday, we loaded Liam in the car and headed up to Preston. We made a quick stop at the Pepperidge Farm discount store (Tim Tam's $1.05 a package) and continued on to our destination.

Not that the town is big, but we decided to stop at the local DI and ask for directions to the high school. Plus, we had to buy something from the place where Napoleon shopped! No, we did not buy an dance video!!






Proof we made it!










Oh yeah, the best part was that there was a junior basketball game going so the door was open.











I couldn't miss my opportunity for a gross side ponytail picture.






The only additions that could have made this trip better would be some tater tots and some chapstick... my lips hurt real bad! Gosh!

10 comments:

Brooke Bennett said...

Love it! And love the side ponytail! Very few people can pull that look off!

Paige said...

hahaha you 2 are awesome! I didn't realize you lived so close to such an awesome place! Also.. the side ponytail look is AWESOME. Love it! "Tina you fat lard, eat your dinner!"

Amelia Brame said...

Hahaha you two crack me up! I love it- and I miss your guts. Obechem te!

Hilary said...

hahaha that's awesome!! :)

Jenna said...

I'm so glad you guys went up there!!! And that you went inside! How cool is that!! Oh this makes me happy! Also that you stopped at Pepperidge Farm. I love cheap cookies and goldfish!!

Sara Ann said...

First of all. So jealous about the Tim Tams! I love Napolean Dynamite. My favorite line is "your mom goes to college"

Bethany said...

I didn't realize the lockers are really that color! I figured they just did that for the film and changed it. That's pretty awesome.

Love that you went there!

Maggie said...

I am jealous. That is pretty sweet!

Shawnee and Tys said...

Well, I can't believe you went there because I remember you reaction when you first saw this movie! Do you? Let me remind you; "I can't believe I just wasted 2 hours of my life on that..." or something to that effect!
Ha ha! Glad you had fun, thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I am digging the side pony! HAHA!