Monday, February 14, 2011

Never Too Late for Valentines Cake

Only a couple hours left of Valentines. It definitely is not my favorite holiday (no cool costumes and too much pressure to buy unnecessary presents) so I make up for it by making yummy treats. Here is another quick idea to add to your heart-shaped recipe section and to your hips.

Spray a 1 inch tall pan and then put parchment paper down. Prepare a white cake mix (I did funfetti cause its Ryan's favorite) according to box and pour into the pan. Bake it until toothpick comes out clean. Flip it over onto a large cutting board, take off the parchment paper and use your cookie cutters to cut out the heart shapes. Transfer the hearts to a cooling rack with parchment paper under them. Once they are completely cooled, make a runny, powdered-sugar frosting and drizzle it over them. If your frosting is really thin, do two layers. Add some sprinkles and some love and Voila! You have the most incredible Valentines ever (hopefully)!

P.S. Notice the beautiful flowers I got from my hubby... ok, so I really like that part of Valentines!

3 comments:

Brooke Bennett said...

Just wanted to let you know that I really miss you!

Hilary said...

Those look delicious! And what pretty flowers!

Joel said...

Hey! Funfetti is MY favorite, too!