Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Valentines Fudge

Happy Valentines! Well, almost! I just thought I would pass along this easy (yet thoughtful...of course) gift that you can make for your sweetie. Or maybe you can whip up a batch for yourself to show you how much you care. I got the recipe from a cooking class for beginners so it is practically a no-fail recipe!

Zip-Lock Bag - Fudge (1 ½ C.)

(Amounts in parentheses make a single serving in a sandwich bag.)

2 oz. cream cheese - (1 T.) 1/4 C. margarine - (1T.)

3 C. powdered sugar - (3/4 C.) 1/4 C. cocoa - (1T.)

1. Measure ingredients in a 1 gallon freezer zip-lock bag. Push the air out of the bag and seal well.

2. Squish the mixture to mix well. It will be dry at first, but will soon become fudge. It will take about 20 minutes of work.

3. Slit the sides of the zip-lock bag and roll the fudge between the plastic of the zip-lock bag to ½ inch (the thickness of a DVD case) and cut into squares for easy serving.

4. You may press in chopped nuts or coconut.


Here is the picture of the one I made for Ryan. This is the size of the single-serving recipe which you probably shouldn't eat in one serving. I sprinkled it with nuts and coconut and, of course, made it into the shape of a heart...clever, right?



8 comments:

Brooke Bennett said...

You're so cute! This fudge does look super yummy! And super easy!!!

Unknown said...

Mmm... Sounds delicious! I'm going to have to try it out.

Ponczoch Family said...

What is "N" for?

Rosa Lee White said...

10 Days (V.A.L.E.N.T.I.N.E.S.) of notes and surprises for Ryan. Each letter stands for another reason I love him. He deserves more than one day a year!

Ponczoch Family said...

Talk about putting me to shame! You are so cute:) And I really need to try that fudge.

The Woolley's said...

Yay! So fun to catch up on your blog! Liam is so dang cute, love love love the rolls. I just may have to give this fudge a go. I was thinking you were the one doing the lamp shade and I thought...and she said she wasn't crafty....then when I saw it was Ryan, I felt better. Don't worry, I'm not crafty in any way shape or form!

Mike & Aubrey Janowicz said...

looks yummy! and your "10 days" thing is a cute idea!

Joel said...

I tried it. I love it. I want some more of it.